BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Die Geschichte der Shiloh Lodge No. 17, U.O.B.B., 1853-1876.
- Jews -- New York (State) -- Albany -- Societies, etc. -- 19th century.
- A bound, ruled volume with gilt edges stamped in gold on the front cover with the title Die Geschichte der Shiloh Lodge No. 17, U.O.B.B. This volume contains the handwritten documentation of the B'nai B'rith order in Albany, New York spanning the years from its inception in 1853 to 1876. The volume was handwritten in German by financial secretary Meier Illch (1830-1902) who was an insurance agent in Albany. The book comprises the lodge's organization and membership listing the names of officers and members. Deaths of members were noted and inscribed by a box in black ink. In April 1865 a full page is dedicated to the assassination of Abraham Lincoln. Charitable contributions, meetings, and financial records are included in the volume. Documentation is written on the recto of each leaf. Several leaves at the end are blank.
- Personal Name:
- Illch, Meier, 1830-1902.
- Corporate Name:
- Independent Order of B'nai B'rith. Shiloh Lodge No. 17.
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
- Call Number:
- MS 56, Codex 002.1