BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- The tragoedy of Othello, the Moore of Venice : as it hath beene divers times acted at the Globe, and at the Black-Friers, by His Majesties servants / written by William Shakespeare. Tragedy of Othello the Moore of Venice
- PU; Advertisements; England; London; 17th century.
- Penn Libraries copy has a comma after "Othello" in line 2 of title.; Penn Libraries copy bound in full modern red morocco with boards tooled in gold; 2 raised bands on spine; gold-tooled spine panels; author's name, brief title and date stamped in gold on spine; gold-tooled cover edges and turn-ins; all edges gilt; marbled endpapers.; Penn Libraries copy: front free endpaper and first blank leaf detached.; Penn Libraries copy has armorial bookplate of John Kershaw on front pastedown; Horace Howard Furness's armorial bookplate on front free endpaper and his autograph in pencil (along with a ms. note in his hand: "Bought at John Kershaws sale 13 July 1877") on verso of first blank leaf; autograph ("Frances Wolfreston her bouk") followed by ms. inscription in different ink ("a sad one") at head of leaf A2r; a few ms. pencil marks and annotations in text.
- Personal Name:
- Leake, William,
- London : Printed for William Leak ..., 1655.
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- Call Number:
- EC Sh155 622oc