This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Noticias del comercio maritimo y trafico entre España y su America / compuesto por Daniel de Medina.
- Shipping -- Spain -- Early works to 1800.; Slave trade --Spain -- Colonies.; Spain -- Commerce -- New Spain -- Early works to 1800.
- Brief treatise on trade and maritime commerce between Spain and its colonies. The text is dated 1740 but this manuscript may have been copied as late as the early 19th century. The subjects of the treatise include piracy, the asiento (license or contract granting a monopoly) held by Great Britain on the slave trade in the Spanish colonies, commerce with America and the Philippines, and competition with Great Britain and Holland.
- Personal Name:
- Medina, Daniel de, 18th century
- [after 1740]
- Arnold and Deanne Kaplan Collection of Early American Judaica (University of Pennsylvania)
- Call Number:
- MS 56, Codex 006.1