BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Payne & Co.'s Indian diary for 1866 : containing a priced list of their wines and stores, and a variety of information of a most useful kind on subjects relating especially to India : To which is added a map of India showing the railway communication. Payne's diary :
- Diaries (Blank-books); Groceries -- Prices -- India -- Calcutta.; Alcoholic beverages -- Prices -- India -- Calcutta.; PU; PU; Advertisements; India; Calcutta; 19th century.; Diaries.
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.; Penn Libraries copy has ms. autograph ("Trevelyn[?]") and numerous scattered contemporary diary entries in ink in the same hand between March and July, recording the weather and the author's state of health, familial and social engagements, and religious reflections.; Penn Libraries copy bound in full contemporary cloth; boards tooled in blind; left board has title and publisher's address ("BELATEE BUNGALOW. PAYNE'S DIARY. 1866") stamped in gold; brown endpapers; all edges marbled.; Penn Libraries copy: p. 1-8 (second count) bound in out of order before p. 33.; Penn Libraries copy: p. 45 torn and mended across central portion; small tear near inner margin of folded colored map; some interleaved blank leaves in diary portion wanting.
- Corporate Name:
- Payne & Co. (Calcutta, India)
- Calcutta : Payne & Co., Belatee Bungalow, 1866.
- Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Call Number:
- CT9999 .P39 1866
- The Koochpurwanaypore Swadeshi railway / by Jo Hookm.
- Railroads -- India -- Management -- Caricatures and cartoons.; PU
- RBC copy acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Dr. Craig Baxter Memorial Fund.; RBC copy: wrappers and first and last leaves detached.
- Hookm, Jo,
- Calcutta : Thacker, Spink & Co. [191-?]
- Dr. Craig Baxter Memorial Fund.
- Call Number:
- Folio HE3296 .H66 1910z