BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Examination of witnesses]; [manuscript].
- [Examination of witnesses] [manuscript].
- A copy of an earlier manuscript from 1508 (f. 1r) detailing an examination of 30 witnesses from Montalboddo (also spelled Montealbodio and Montebodio), which is in the Senigallia region of Italy, near Ancona, before a tribunal to judge a controversy between the Paganelli family of Montalboddo and the Malatesta family of Rimini. Focuses especially on Roberto, Antonio, Bernardo, and Onofrio Paganelli (f. 3r), and Sigismondo Malatesta (f. 5r). Begins by listing the witnesses (f. 2v-14r), and then discusses property in Montalboddo and Senigallia. Has some blank lines of missing text, possibly because the copyist could not read the original. Contains notarial signet and wax seal (f. 114r). Notarized by Amico Jacopi of Macerata (f. 113v-114r). Includes a pasted-in receipt (between f. 66 and 67), dated 1747, for silver and textiles, with a print of St. Anthony on the back, which is the Fabrica Privilegiata mark of Milanese merchant Giacomo Gilardi, founder in 1689 of a wire factory in Allersberg (referred to as Allerspergo), Germany, about 15 miles south of Nuremberg.
- Ancona (Italy); Rimini (Italy); Senigallia (Italy); Allersberg (Germany)
- 16th century.
- 117 leaves : paper; 295 x 210 (215 x 110-120) mm. bound to 350 x 225 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn399612000; (OCoLC)399612000; (PU)4501812-penndb-Voyager
- Latin, with one later page in Italian (pasted-in note following f. 66).
- [Macerata?, Italy, after 1508]
- Civil law -- Italy -- Early works to 1800.; Real property -- Italy -- 16th century.; Codices.; Legal documents.; Notarial documents.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Gilardi, Giacomo.; Malatesta, Sigismondo Pandolfo,; Malatesta family.; Paganelli, Roberto.; Jacopi, Amico.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1542
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts