BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Miscel[l]aneum pharmaceuticum; [manuscript].
- Miscel[l]aneum pharmaceuticum [manuscript].
- Manual for the examination to become an apothecary, to be administered by a physician. Text begins in Latin, continues as a translation into Italian on f. 2r. Some of the manual is in question-and-answer form, the rest in lists or short summaries. Topics covered include professional ethics and conduct ("an apothecary should have a wife, to rein in his youth"), the identification of herbs, and techniques for their preparation and storage.
- 30 leaves : paper; 212 x 154 (180 x 126) mm. bound to 224 x 165 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155965498; (OCoLC)155965498; (CStRLIN)PAUR96-A136; (PU)2486479-penndb-Voyager
- Italian, with beginning of text in Latin (f. 1r-2r).
- Former owners include: Mario Pedro Arata (signature and stamp, inside upper cover) and Libraria Loescher & Co., Roma (bookseller's label, inside upper cover).; Purchased, 1974.
- [Italy, circa 1700]
- Pharmacists -- Italy.; Pharmacy -- Handbooks, manuals, etc. -- Early works to 1800.; Materia medica.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions.; Codices.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Arata, Mario Pedro,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 527
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts