BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Padapāṭha.; Aṣṭaka 1, Adhyāya 1-4; circa 1700-1850.; Rg̣vedapadapāṭha
- Padapāṭha. Aṣṭaka 1, Adhyāya 1-4 circa 1700-1850. Rg̣vedapadapāṭha
- Manuscript using the padapāṭha method of recitation, which presents the first four chapters of one version of the hymns of the Ṛgveda broken into individual words and without regard for saṃdhi rules that typically connect Sanskrit words. The hymns follow the order of chapters 1, 20, 33, and 47 of other editions of the text. The hymns are dedicated to Vedic gods such as Agni, Indra, and the Aśvin twins. The work also includes an unidentified commentary before each section of the Ṛgveda.
- 1 item (69 leaves) : paper; 11 x 23 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn954473420; (OCoLC)954473420; (PU)7067777-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu hymns, Sanskrit.; Indra (Hindu deity); Agni (Hindu deity); Aśvins (Hindu deities); Commentaries.; Hymns.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts