BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Compendium of legal texts]; [manuscript].
- [Compendium of legal texts] [manuscript].
- Collection of treatises on civil law, including both Roman law and canon law, compiled in Italy. Angelo degli Ubaldi, Baldo degli Ubaldi, Giovanni d'Andrea, Jacobus de Arena, and Martino da Fano are all represented by multiple treatises, with other authors also present. A number of works by Bartolo of Sassoferrato in the last third of the manuscript include his Tractatus de Guelfis et Ghibellinis (f. 224v-226v) and his Tractatus Tiberiadis (f. 293r-322r), which contains numerous diagrams. Marginal annotations and manicules by various contemporary and later hands. Final bifolia with table of contents preserved separately and stored with manuscript. Two 12th-century parchment bifolia used as pastedowns also removed and preserved separately and stored with the manuscript; from an Italian antiphonal probably made in central Italy, they contain chants for Easter and its octave, with text in protogothic script and notation in Beneventan neumes on 3-line staves ruled in metalpoint with the line above the text traced in red.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 331 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 308 x 212 (206 x 108) mm. bound to 311 x 225 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn706718962; (OCoLC)706718962; (PU)4954493-penndb-Voyager
- Sold at auction at Christie's, 4 June 2003, lot 16, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2010.
- [Italy, ca. 1450-1499]
- Civil law -- Italy.; Guelfs and Ghibellines.; Gregorian chants -- Manuscripts.; Codices.; Treatises.; Diagrams.; Gregorian chant.; Manuscripts, Latin; 12th century.; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- Oversize LJS 450
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts