BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Saurabhāṣya, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Saurabhāṣya, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is a supercommentary on the Sūryasiddhānta, a treatise on stations of the moon (nakṣatras), which is itself a commentary on Ṛgveda 1.50, a hymn to Sūrya, the Vedic god who personifies the sun. The manuscripts contains all three texts, in succession, verse by verse.
- 1 item (11 leaves) : paper; 14 x 36 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu astronomy.; Hindu astrology.; Sūrya (Hindu deity); Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Religious aspects; Hinduism.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts