BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Laboratory papers; [manuscript].; Artillery laboratory works
- Laboratory papers [manuscript]. Artillery laboratory works
- Handbook with detailed instructions for making balls, grape shot, rockets, mortars, bursting shells, Bengal lights, fuses, fire lances, fire arrows, fire ships, etc. Includes numerous illustrations of tools and methods for producing ammunition. Several innovations are attributed to Col. William Congreve: "To fix powder bags in the safest manner according to Col. Congreve's instructions."
- 108 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 183 x 115 (150 x 92) mm. bound to 189 x 125 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn225161384; (OCoLC)225161384; (CStRLIN)PAUR02-A1222; (PU)3430916-penndb-Voyager
- Former owners include: H. More Captain R.A. (crossed out signature, p. i); John Sandy, 1881 (signature, inside upper cover).; Sold by Jarndyce Antiquarian Booksellers (London), August 2002.
- [England], 1800.
- Artillery -- England -- Early works to 1800.; Military art and science -- England -- Early works to 1800.; Tools -- England -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Handbooks.; Recipes.; Tables (documents); Watercolors.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Congreve, William,; Sandy, John,
- Corporate Name:
- Great Britain.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 899
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts