BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Alchemical compendium]; [manuscript].
- [Alchemical compendium] [manuscript].
- Compendium of alchemical treatises by various authors. Includes a list of contents (p. i). Sections discuss subjects such as the properties of light, phosphorus, and mystical numbers, with references to noted alchemists such as Robert Fludd, Ramon Llull, Basil Valentine, and many others.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 150 leaves : paper; 305 x 221 mm. bound to 314 x 225 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn910729861; (OCoLC)910729861; (PU)6293543-penndb-Voyager
- Latin and German, with occasional words in Greek and English.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 586, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [Italy?, between 1750 and 1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Drawings.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Latin; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Fludd, Robert,; Llull, Ramon,; Valentine, Basil.; Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1675
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts