BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Kārtikamāhātmya, 1819.
- Text for private consultation to be employed in rites and prayers performed during the month of Kārtika (October/November). Rites including bathing, fasting, fire, and other kinds of offerings, as well as numerous mantras that need to be performed during the month Kārtika, which is especially auspicious for the Hindu deity Kṛṣṇa. Manuscript contains mythology related to this figure.
- 1 item (82 leaves) : paper; 10 x 23 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn802826298; (OCoLC)802826298; (PU)5803847-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit and Marathi; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned and commissioned by Bālambhaṭṭamuni (f. 82v).
- Krishna (Hindu deity); Hindu mantras.; Fasting -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Bathing customs -- Religious aspects.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Vratas.; Puja (Hinduism); Manuals (instructional materials); Prayers.; Hymns.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts