This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Gītagovinda,; circa 1650-1800.
- Gītagovinda, circa 1650-1800.
- Manuscript used for recitation and contemplation and is a poetic exploration of the amorous relationship between the Hindu deities Kṛṣṇa and Rādhā. Kṛṣṇa is presented not as an avatar of Viṣṇu, but as the essence of the universe itself. First literary work to fully develop the figure of Rādhā, the cow herdess, and her relationship with Kṛṣṇa. Poem is often approached as a devotional text by modern Vaiṣṇavas.
- 1 item (9 leaves) : paper; 11 x 21 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn851098116; (OCoLC)851098116; (PU)5969001-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Krishna (Hindu deity) -- Poetry.; Rādhā (Hindu deity) -- Poetry.; Avatars (Religion); Love poetry, Indic.; Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Vaishnavism.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 17th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 17th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.