This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Bullarium Augustinianum]; [manuscript].
- [Bullarium Augustinianum] [manuscript].
- Collection of papal letters and instruments dealing with the order of the Eremite Friars of St. Augustine (the Augustinians). Written in two parts (f. 1r-69v, 71r-125v) "ad usum fratris Joannis Angeli de Crema," compiled by Antonius Melius. The collection begins with a bull of Pope Sixtus IV. Other popes whose bulls are quoted or referred to include Alexander IV, Boniface VIII, Clement VI, John XXII, Urban VI, Martin V, Eugene IV, Nicholas V, Pius II, Paul II, Innocent IV, Alexander VI, and Julius II. The documents quoted or cited are not necessarily arranged in the chronological order of the pontificates of the popes who issued them.
- 136 leaves : parchment, col. ill.; 181 x 128 (110 x 85) mm. bound to 186 x 132 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155962311; (OCoLC)155962311; (CStRLIN)PAUR94-A107; (PU)1551751-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Federico Patetta (signature, f. 127v).; Sold by La Medicea (Florence), 1957.
- [Crema?, ca. 1506]
- Bulls, Papal.; Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Specimens.; Monasticism and religious orders -- Early works to 1800.; Privileges and immunities, Ecclesiastical.; Codices.; Bulls.; Illuminations.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Sixtus; Boniface; Clement; Urban; Martin; Eugene; Nicholas; Pius; Paul; Innocent; Alexander; Julius; Melius, Antonius.; Joannes Angelus,; Antonius,; Franciotus, Georgius.
- Corporate Name:
- Catholic Church.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 85
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts