This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Liber dispensationum; [manuscript].
- Liber dispensationum [manuscript].
- Contains descriptions of 84 pharmaceutical prescriptions. Additions in different contemporary or near-contemporary hands include: "oleum de Mattioli," "electuarium diatartari," "laudan liquido," "polipodia" stomatica," "syrupus Terebinti Malpichi," and others. This manuscript has the appearance of an official pharmacopaea of a hospital, possibly Sancta Sanctorum in S. Giovanni al Laterano in Rome (Zacour-Hirsch). Includes notations by physicians dating from 1693 to 1768, among them: Johannes Tirillius (or Triellius; 1693, f. 9r); Lucas Thomasinus (1740, f. 9r); Vinc. Ant. Gattucius (1710, f. 10v); Jacobus Sinibaldus (i.e., Giacomo Sinibaldi; 1695, f. 11v); Hieronymus Caruccius (1753, f. 14v); Ant. Gabrielli (1703, f. 16v); Paulus Manfredus; and many others. Most signatures appear after the note, "Vidi et approbavi."
- 91 leaves : paper, col. ill.;
- (OCoLC)ocn155962638; (OCoLC)155962638; (CStRLIN)PAUR94-A268; (PU)1551757-penndb-Voyager
- Provenance: V. Berrelli, 18th century (signature, inside upper cover); illegible ex libris stamp, inside upper cover; Bernard M. Rosenthal Catalogue XV, p. 13 (no. 31) (description clipped from Catalogue on file in the Library).; Acquired, 1967.
- [Italy], 1693.
- Chemistry -- History.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- History.; Pharmacology -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Prescriptions.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, Latin; 17th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Sinibaldi, Giacomo,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 132
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts