BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
La filosophia naturale di molti celebri et antichissimi; [manuscript].
- La filosophia naturale di molti celebri et antichissimi [manuscript].
- Alchemical treatise that discusses calcination, distillation, and transmutation as well as practical instructions for experiments and medicinal recipes. The end of the first volume also has a sonnet about the philosopher's stone (V. 1, f. 408r). Includes indices that are organized by subject (V.2, f. v recto-xi verso, 355r-364r) and lists of contents (V. 1, f. i verso; V.2, f. xii recto-xv verso) written in French. The first volume contains a foldout diagram between f. 320-321 and there is a fragment of a printed leaf laid into the second volume between f. 7-8.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 2 v. (410, 416 leaves) : paper; 210 x 160 (173 x 130) mm. bound to 222 x 180 mm. + 1 note.
- (OCoLC)ocn913579883; (OCoLC)913579883; (PU)6293554-penndb-Voyager
- Italian, with notes in French.
- [Italy?], 1721.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6293554; https://repository.upenn.edu/uniqueatpenn/23/
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Magic -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Talismans -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diagrams.; Drawings.; Manuals (instructional materials); Recipes.; Manuscripts, Italian; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1681