BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Pinḳas ha-diḳduḳ.
- This is a manuscript of an instruction manual on Hebrew grammar (diḳduḳ) by R. Samson Bachi, a rabbinical figure in Casale Monferrato (f. iii recto); he was a mohel, and also was known as a student of R. Moshe Zacuto (1625-1697) and a noted kabbalist. The writer was named Refa'el Asher, writing in "Ḳasali" in 1725-1726 (other notes on the folio are crossed through.) Mainly, the manuscript is written in Italian in Hebrew characters, with minimal amounts written in Hebrew and also some words in Italian. Since the work is classified as a notebook, there are corrections at various points of the text.
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rare Judaica Acquisitions Fund.
- 27 leaves : paper; 190 x 130 (170 x 130) mm bound to 195 x 140 mm.
- (OCoLC)1107791584; (OCoLC)on1107791584
- Judeo-Italian, Italian, and Hebrew.
- [Casale Monferrato], 1725-1726.
- Hebrew language -- Grammar -- Early works to 1800.; Judeo-Italian language.; Cantillation -- Instruction and study -- Early works to 1800.; Manuals (instructional materials); Codices (bound manuscripts); Manuscripts, Hebrew; 18th century.
- Personal Name:
- Toaff, Ariel,
- Call Number:
- CAJS Rar Ms 505
- Rare Judaica Acquisitions Fund.