BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Recueil 1764-1770. Les discours, Tom. II; [manuscript] /; de la Sr. Marthe-Simplicité.
- Recueil 1764-1770. Les discours, Tom. II [manuscript] / de la Sr. Marthe-Simplicité.
- Spiritual journal with entries dated from 12 January 1764 to 7 November 1770; entries made at irregular intervals, occasionally daily, but more often with a week or several weeks intervening between entries. Dated entries describe events or letters received within a religious community of women, possibly Carmelite (f. 11v). Each entry concludes with a prayer or series of prayers or meditations. Describes and sometimes quotes letters received from Sr. Benjamin, who is suffering from serious illness. Illnesses of community members, including tuberculosis and intestinal illnesses, are described in some entries, along with descriptions of medical and herbal remedies.
- 204 leaves : paper; 191 x 135 (160 x 110) mm. bound to 191 x 145 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn209703490; (OCoLC)209703490; (CStRLIN)PAUR97-A2079; (PU)2362902-penndb-Voyager
- Former owners include: Jean Mari Pireri, Mari Mazenod (signature, front flyleaf i recto); James E. Cooke, Jersey City, N.J. (stamp, inside upper cover and inside lower cover).; Gift of Andrew Marcus, 1997.
- Prayer -- Early works to 1800.; Spiritual journals -- France.; Monastic and religious life of women -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diaries.; Manuscripts, French; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 630
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts