BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Mahāsthānavaibhava,; circa 1700-1850.
- Mahāsthānavaibhava, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript for use in private or public recitation, prayer, and worship, especially for a kind of virtual pilgrimage of the sacred Hindu center of Varāṇasī. Text is a collection or compendium of excerpts from a variety of purāṇic and epic works, including the Mahābhārata, the Harivaṃśa, the Skandapurāṇa Nāgarakhaṇḍa, the Viṣṇudharmapurāṇa, among other works. Sacred spots within the city of Varāṇasī, such as the famous jyotirliṅga Viśveśvara, the Ganges River, are named. Cites the presence of Śiva, Viṣṇu, and Brahmā and promotes their worship, especially that of Śiva, and posits the many benefits that may be obtained from coming to the city, residing, or even dying there, seeing its various sacred images of the gods, and more.
- Vārānasi (Uttar Pradesh, India)
- 1 item (12 leaves) : paper; 11 x 20 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn801673684; (OCoLC)801673684; (PU)5797278-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Puranas.; Skandapurāṇa.; Mahābhārata.; Mahābhārata.; Harivaṃśa.; Puranas.; Viṣṇudharmottarapurāṇa.; Pañcakrośātmaka.; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/5797278
- Siva (Hindu deity); Vishnu (Hindu deity); Brahmā (Hindu deity); Sacred space.; Pilgrims and pilgrimages -- India.; Lingas (Śaivism); Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Poems.; Prayers.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.