BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Account book and recipe book]; [manuscript].
- [Account book and recipe book] [manuscript].
- Arithmetic and account book also used for recipes. First 15 leaves have tables for weights, money, and basic arithmetic written in an elegant hand with flourishes. Several pages comprise accounts dated 1699-1703, including taxes paid for Priors Court, a number of payments to William Cooke, to other workers, and receipts from rents. Middle section has "cookrey" in a third hand, a section of medical recipes, including remedies for pregnant and lactating women; and several additions in other hands.
- 86 leaves : paper, ill.; 195 x 148 mm. bound to 203 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155971788; (OCoLC)155971788; (CStRLIN)PAUR97-A1964; (PU)2362774-penndb-Voyager
- Gift of Esther Bradford Aresty, 1995.
- [England], 1699-1703.
- Arithmetic -- Early works to 1900.; Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Account books.; Cookbooks.; Diagrams.; Recipes.; Tables (documents); Manuscripts, English; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 388
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts