BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Dissertationes medicae.
- Descriptions of symptoms and treatment of ailments and diseases, with each section followed by a list of preparations of medicines. Includes references to medical authors such as Sydenham, Boerhaave, Hoffmann, Mauriceau, Albinus, and van Swieten and to Thomas Young (Volume 1, p. 65), professor of midwifery at Edinburgh from 1756 until his death in 1783. Brittleness and ink bleed-through due to oxidation, particularly in the large letters on the section title pages.
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Fund.
- 2 volumes (108, 127 leaves) : paper; 160 x 95 (148 x 76) mm bound to 165 x 110 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn922777877; (OCoLC)922777877; (PUVoyagerBIBID)6300587; (PU)6300587-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Norwich surgeon John Green Crosse (signature on title pages, Volume 1, p. v, Volume 2, p. v).; Formerly owned by Edmund Lechmere of Severn End (Worcestershire), 1917 (bookplates, with motto Christus pelicano, inside upper covers).; Sold by Samuel Gedge Ltd. (Hanworth, England), catalog 19 (2014), number 63.
- [Scotland or England?], [after 1756]
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Treatises.; Prescriptions.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Cross, John,; Lechmere, Edmund,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1709
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts