BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Manuscript list of manuscript and printed books,; circa 1545.
- Manuscript list of manuscript and printed books, circa 1545.
- List of 33 works; at least 13 entries include publication information such as city of publication, printer, or date of publication; publishers include Robert Estienne of Paris and Joannes Oporinus and Robert Winter of Basel; dates range from 1530 to 1543. Most of the works are by classical authors, with several noted to be translations. The list is written in italic script on a single leaf removed from a larger volume, possibly foliated 136. 2 entries, for a book printed in 1509 by Aldo Manuzio and a book printed by Chrestien Wechel, added at the end in the hand of Spanish bibliographer Juan Páez de Castro (Kraus).
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : paper; 308 x 215 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn795194369; (OCoLC)795194369; (PU)5762490-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly part of a manuscript owned by Carlos Antonio de La Serna Santander (Kraus).; Formerly part of a manuscript owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 4135 (Kraus).; Sold by H. P. Kraus, cat. 219 (2002), no. 292, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366278; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/5762490; https://repository.upenn.edu/uniqueatpenn/16/
- Books and reading -- History -- 16th century.; Classical literature -- Early works to 1800.; Printing -- History -- 16th century.; Fragments.; Book catalogs.; Manuscripts, Latin; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Páez de Castro, Juan,; La Serna Santander, Carlos Antonio de,; Phillipps, Thomas,
- Call Number:
- LJS 431
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)