BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Kaupīnapañcaka,; circa 1700-1850.
- Kaupīnapañcaka, circa 1700-1850.
- Collection of short texts. The first (f. 1r) celebrates the blessings associated with being a renunciant ascetic (sāṃnyāsin), such as being blessed for wearing a loin cloth (kaupīna); this work extoles the virtues of the Vedānta philosophy of Śaṅkarācārya, to whom the work is attributed; the second text (f. 1r-1v) contains four verses presented in the voice of the god Nārāyaṇa (a form of Viṣṇu). The third work is unidentified, but contains over three verses, and appears to be a devotional work dedicated to Bhagavan. The manuscript is incomplete.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : paper; 10 x 21 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn960909476; (OCoLC)960909476; (PU)7210029-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Vishnu (Hindu deity); Nārāyaṇa (Hindu deity); Vedanta.; Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Hymns (documents); Poems; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts