BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Recipe book]; [manuscript].
- [Recipe book] [manuscript].
- Culinary recipes for preserving meats, fish, and fruits; for fowl, hare, venison, mutton, beef, pork, shrimp, lobster, salmon; for pancakes, cakes, puddings, creams, and jellies; rice dishes, curries, curry powders, Jamaica pepperpot soup, Irish stew, and salads; for coffee, yeast, leavening, and French bread; for fruit wines, mead, beer, and sherry, including spruce beer and balm wine. A few recipes are attributed to Soyer and Batchellor, most are undated and without attribution. Two of the items laid in are from Uckfield, Sussex and Lewes, East Sussex.
- 83 leaves : paper; 200 x 160 mm. bound to 209 x 166 mm. + 9 notes.
- (OCoLC)ocn225155502; (OCoLC)225155502; (CStRLIN)PAUR02-A1210; (PU)3430904-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by John Price Antiquarian Books (London), 2002.
- [England], 1756-1844.
- Cooking, English -- Early works to 1800.; Beer.; Wine and wine making -- Early works to 1800.; Cooking -- England -- Sussex -- 18th century.; Cooking -- England -- Sussex -- 19th century.; Codices.; Recipes.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 895
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts