BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Alchemical compendium]; [manuscript].
- [Alchemical compendium] [manuscript].
- Extracts from works on chemistry and alchemy. Includes sections on distillation, calcination, fermentation, and discussion of the philosophers' stone. Also includes a list of contents (p. iii-viii).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 164 leaves : paper; 300 x 205 (280 x 160) mm. bound to 313 230 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn913600158; (OCoLC)913600158; (PU)6293563-penndb-Voyager
- German, with some words in Latin and marginal notes in English.
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 594, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- [Germany?, between 1750 and 1799]
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Chemistry -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, German; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Latin; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1683
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts