BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Observations of the industries of Lyon]; [manuscript].
- [Observations of the industries of Lyon] [manuscript].
- Journal of observations and drawings of equipment and products from various industries during a visit to Lyon in August and September of 1763. Subjects include iron mines, steel plants, a cutlery factory, textile manufacture, and an interview at the veterinary school of Lyon with Claude Bourgelat.
- Lyon (France)
- 48 leaves : paper; 226 x 170 mm. bound to 231 x 190 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155927439; (OCoLC)155927439; (CStRLIN)PAUR05-B10002; (PU)3728194-penndb-Voyager
- From the collection of Duhamel du Monceau, editor of the Description des Arts et Métiers, at the Château de Denainvilliers, dispersed in 1955-1960 (Jaoul/Pinault, a copy shelved with the codex).; Purchased, 1964.
- [Lyon, 1763]
- Cutlery trade -- France -- Lyon -- Early works to 1800.; Industries -- France -- Early works to 1800.; Industries -- France -- Rhône-Alpes -- History.; Iron mines and mining -- France -- Lyon -- Early works to 1800.; Steel industry and trade -- France -- Lyon -- Early works to 1800.; Textile industry -- France -- Lyon -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Diaries.; Drawings.; Manuscripts, French; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Bourgelat, Claude,; Duhamel du Monceau,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 990
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts