BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Collation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio]; [manuscript].; Ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
- [Collation of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio] [manuscript]. Ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio
- Printed edition of L'ethica d'Aristotile ridotta in compendio da Ser Brunetto Latini (Lyon: Giovanni de Tornes, 1568), followed by a manuscript collation of the printed edition with a manuscript copy, with variants listed in two columns with the headings Nello stampato and Nella copia. The manuscript collation begins with a note that the manuscript used for the comparison belonged to Giovanni Vincenzo Pinelli. The printed work is an Italian commentary on Aristotle's Nicomachean ethics often attributed to Latini as in the printed work but correctly attributed in the heading of the manuscript to Taddeo Alderotti (Taddeo Medico, f. 1r).
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 14 leaves : paper; 210 x 145 mm bound to 216 x 160 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn869393859; (OCoLC)869393859; (PU)6097957-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Noel Pinelli (French politician, Paris; bookplate, inside upper cover).; Sold at auction at Christie's, 10 September 1999, lot 4, to Lawrence J. Schoenberg.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [France or Italy], [after 1568]
- Ethics -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Collations.; Commentaries.; Manuscripts, Italian; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle.; Aristotle; Alderotti, Taddeo,; Latini, Brunetto,; Pinelli, Noel,; Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 325
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts