BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Flambeau des vrais rosecroix ou des sages; [manuscript].
- Flambeau des vrais rosecroix ou des sages [manuscript].
- Collection of alchemical recipes and instructions for the purification, distillation, and transmutation of metals and ores such as gold, silver, cinnabar, lead, antimony, and mercury. Also includes a few recipes for elixirs and oils as well as instructions on how to construct different types of furnaces for alchemical uses, with accompanying illustrations throughout.
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 178 leaves : paper; 195 x 159 (150 x 120) mm. x bound to 202 x 165 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn907241398; (OCoLC)907241398; (PU)6293528-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Charles Rainsford (British army officer, fellow of the Royal Society, and alchemist); bequeathed by Rainsford to Hugh Percy, Second Duke of Northumberland.; Owned by the 2nd through 12th Dukes of Northumberland, ms. 581, Alnwick Castle, Northumberland, 1809-2014 (bookplate, inside upper cover; stamps throughout).; Sold at auction at Sotheby's (London), 15 July 2014, as part of Lot 411.
- London, 1798.
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Drawings.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, French; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1670
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts