This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Sūtasaṃhita.; Yajñavaibhavakhaṇḍa,; Adhyāya 47,; circa 1700-1850.
- Sūtasaṃhita. Yajñavaibhavakhaṇḍa, Adhyāya 47, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript of a text from a Śaiva work that aligns the god Śiva with Vedic practices. This small section of the text seems to be dedicated to the god Brahmā and is possibly part of a Brahmagītā text. Discusses ritual practices, sacrifice, caste observance, philosophy and other themes. A commentary, the Sūtasaṃhitātātparyadīpikā by Mādhavācārya, runs parallel above and below the root text.
- 1 item (8 leaves) : paper; 15 x 28 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn965388573; (OCoLC)965388573; (PU)7250504-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Tātparyadīpikā.; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/7250504
- Brahmā (Hindu deity); Hindu philosophy.; Philosophy, Indic.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.