This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Sthālīpākamantra,; circa 1700-1850.
- Sthālīpākamantra, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is a guide or manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) to be used by a priest or householder for reciting mantras (words or phrases of power) while making offerings of rice or barley as part of a Vedic fire sacrifice
- 1 item (10 leaves) : paper; 11 x 15 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn909586470; (OCoLC)909586470; (PU)6406561-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Janārdana Koṇḍadeva (f. 15r). This owner is from the village of Gāḍagī (or Gāḍgīlāya), possibly in present day Jarakhand, India, and is written by the same scribe as Item 845, Item 931, Item 932, Item 934, Item 935, and Item 2387.
- Hindu mantras.; Rice -- Religious aspects -- Hinduism.; Hinduism -- Rituals -- Texts.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Hindu law.; Dharma.; Manuals (instructional materials); Treatises.; Watermarks.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Gāḍagīla, Janārdana Koṇḍadeva,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.