BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
De la philosophie et des philosophes; [manuscript].
- De la philosophie et des philosophes [manuscript].
- Cartesian account of the development of ancient Greek philosophy from the pre-Socratics through Aristotle, followed by an account of many aspects of Descartes' own philosophy (as well as natural philosophy, including discussions of light, the human senses, and cosmology).
- 245 leaves : paper; 245 x 175 (181 x 107) mm. bound to 253 x 195 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155925686; (OCoLC)155925686; (CStRLIN)PAUR04-B81; (PU)3602422-penndb-Voyager
- Note on verso of front flyleaf: "J. Lee, Doctors Commons, repaired December 1840, purchased at the sale of the library of the late Lord Guilford, chancellor of the University of Corfu." The library of Frederick North, Earl of Guilford, was sold in a series of sales between 1828 and 1835.; Bookplate inside upper cover: "Library of the University of Pennsylvania, Gift of Dr. W.R. Newbold."
- [France, circa 1720]
- Philosophy, Ancient -- Early works to 1800.; Philosophy, Modern -- 17th century -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, French; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Descartes, René,; North, Frederick,; Newbold, William Romaine,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 969
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts