BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Traité de mecanique; [manuscript].
- Traité de mecanique [manuscript].
- Treatise with references throughout to the large group of fold-out technical drawings that follow the text. Most of the machines are simple machines, such as levers, inclined planes, pulleys, wheels, and screws, but the last part of the manuscript is devoted to fluid dynamics.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 89 leaves : paper; 255 x 172 (200 x 135) mm. bound to 263 x 186 mm., with fold-out drawings 255 x 342-356 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn809202502; (OCoLC)809202502; (PU)5819024-penndb-Voyager
- Offered for sale at an earlier date by Laurence Witten, no. 15173.; Formerly owned by John D. Stanitz (Cleveland, Ohio), Ms. 7.; Acquired by Lawrence J. Schoenberg with other Stanitz manuscripts, Sept. 1997.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2012.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [France, ca. 1700]
- Mechanics -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Drawings.; Technical drawings.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, French; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Stanitz, John D.,; Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 176
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts