BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Veṅkaṭeśavavaca, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Veṅkaṭeśavavaca, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript is used for private or public recitation and performance of rites of protection where the initiate lays symbolic armor on their limbs by means of mantra recitation. Work functions as a kind of protective amulet or talisman and is part of a larger medieval work dedicated to the dwarf form of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu.
- 1 item (8 leaves) : paper; 9 x 14 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu mantras.; Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Hindu mythology.; Vāmana (Hindu deity); Vishnu (Hindu deity); Amulets (Hinduism)
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts