BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Śravaṇadvādaśīvrata,; circa 1700-1850.
- Śravaṇadvādaśīvrata, circa 1700-1850.
- Observances (vrata) and worship (pūjā), especially to forms of the Hindu deity Viṣṇu. Rites are to be performed on special occasions during the month of Bhādrapada (August-September) related to the Śravaṇa star over which Viṣṇu presides. Other rites include fasting and bathing as well as the worship of Viṣṇu's avatāras (such as Kālkī and the Buddha, Kṛṣṇa, and Rāma). Presented as a discourse of the deity Brahmā. Contains a discussion of the sacred landscape of India, including names of various major rivers such as the Narmadā, Gaṅgā, Yamunā, as well as the landscape of Kashmir, and other places sacred to Hinduism. Work likely taken from a larger work such as the Brahmapurāṇa, Brahmavaivṛttapurāṇa, or other purāṇas.
- 1 item (5 leaves) : paper; 12 x 29 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn780320617; (OCoLC)780320617; (PU)5449409-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Hindu astronomy.; Vratas.; Rites and ceremonies -- India.; Hindu mythology.; Vishnu (Hindu deity); Avatars (Religion); Sacred space -- India.; Poems.; Prayers.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India; 19th century.
- Personal Name:
- Bhāṇḍāri Śaṃbhū Bhaṭṭa,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts.