This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Rechnung vom Schiffmeister Ampt.
- Rechnung vom Schiffmeister Ampt.
- Accounts of Sebastian Schindlers, shipmaster, listing expenses incurred for 1585-1586 (f. 4r-10r). Bound in a 12th-century noted breviary fragment with staffless, unheightened or nondiastematic neumes (Old German notation) with the opening texts from Vespers for Holy Saturday, including the antiphon Vespere autem Sabbati que lucescit, Psalm incipits, and lessons from Mark 16:1-3 and Gregory the Great's Homily XXI for Easter Day.
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.
- 16 leaves : paper; 303 x 103 mm bound to 307 x 110 mm.
- German; liturgical text on covers in Latin.
- Sold at auction by Christie's (London), 28 November 2011, lot 5.; Sold at auction by Bloomsbury Auctions (London), 7 December 2016, lot 77.
- [Switzerland], 1585-1586.
- Ship captains -- Switzerland.; Gregorian chants -- Manuscripts.; Codices.; Account books.; Gregorian chant.; Manuscripts, Latin; 12th century.; Manuscripts, German; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Printed Work
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1871
- Constance L. Rosenthal Book Fund.