BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[al-Qānūn fī al-ṭibb].
- [al-Qānūn fī al-ṭibb].
- Sections from Book I of Avicenna's medical encyclopedia al-Qānūn fī al-ṭibb. Some leaves missing at the beginning; the first full chapter (fann 1, doctrina 3, chapter 1) is entitled: amzijat al-aʻḍāʼ and the manuscript ends near the beginning of fann 4, chapter 3. One leaf has 13th-century marginal transliterations into Hebrew of Arabic terms in the text (f. 50r-50v); other marginal notes in Arabic throughout. Worm damage, stains, and tears in margins throughout; two loose folia that belong to the beginning and end of the manuscript.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 92 leaves : paper; 240 x 165 (190 x 120) mm.
- (OCoLC)819418824; (OCoLC)ocn819418824; (PU)5861076-penndb-Voyager
- Arabic, with a few annotations in Hebrew (f. 50r-50v).
- Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, Dec. 2002.; Gift of Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2015.
- [Spain, between 1100 and 1150]
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366278; https://openn.library.upenn.edu/Data/0001/html/ljs446.html
- Medicine -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Arab.; Medicine, Medieval.; Medicine. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01014893; Medicine, Arab. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01015186; Medicine, Medieval. -- fast -- (OCoLC)fst01015277; Manuscripts, Arabic; 12th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.; Codices (bound manuscripts); Treatises.; Early works.; (OCoLC)fst01411636
- Personal Name:
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- LJS 446