BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Gītagovinda.; Sarga 4-12,; 1801.
- Gītagovinda. Sarga 4-12, 1801.
- Manuscript used for recitation and contemplation and is a poetic exploration of the amorous relationship between the Hindu deities Kṛṣṇa and Rādhā. Kṛṣṇa is presented not as an avatar of Viṣṇu, but as the essence of the universe itself. First literary work to fully develop the figure of Rādhā, the cow herdess, and her relationship with Kṛṣṇa. Poem is often approached as a devotional text by modern Vaiṣṇavas. Manuscript is incomplete, starting at the end of the fourth section (sarga).
- 1 item (14 leaves) : paper; 11 x 25 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn927116855; (OCoLC)927116855; (PU)6755997-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Krishna (Hindu deity); Rādhā (Hindu deity); Devotional literature, Sanskrit.; Hindu mythology.; Vaishnavism.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts