BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Procès criminel contre Girard Didelot blasphémateur (1569) (Dossier original); [manuscript].
- Procès criminel contre Girard Didelot blasphémateur (1569) (Dossier original) [manuscript].
- The original record made during the blasphemy trial of Girard (or Gerard) Didelot in the town of St. Dié in northeastern France. The trial record contains the testimonies of numerous witnesses who have heard the defendant utter blasphemous statements. The testimonies are followed by the record of the interrogation of the defendant (f. 9r-12r). The record of the trial is broken up into dated segments, with the proceedings beginning in 1569 and the last date being July 3rd, 1570. The records are signed in multiple places by Rasaille, Gordette, Le Brecq, Mainbourg, and others.
- 23 leaves : paper; 300 x 205 (270 x 160) mm. bound to 303 x 210 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn231621834; (OCoLC)231621834; (PU)4320775-penndb-Voyager
- Purchased in 1949 (inscription, front and back flyleaf recto).
- [St. Dié, France, 1569-1570]
- Trials (Blasphemy) -- France -- Early works to 1800.; Offenses against religion -- France.; Codices.; Criminal court records.; Manuscripts, French; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1195
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts