This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
- Raghuvaṃśa, 1780.
- Manuscript used for recitation or contemplation and comprises the second half of Kālidāsa's poem, from the ninth chapter (sarga), verse eight, until the end of the work at chapter 19. Draws heavily from Hindu mythology and pantheons as well as assumes some knowledge of the storyline of the Rāmāyaṇa and its main characters and gives a genealogical account of Rāma's dynastic background and lineage. Work is full of rich, poetic imagery of flora and fauna and references to courtly life and Hindu dharma. Manuscript is incomplete.
- 1 item (63 leaves) : paper; 11 x 24 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn845391448; (OCoLC)845391448; (PU)5958112-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Sītārāma (f. 126).
- Hindu mythology.; Rāma (Hindu deity); Dharma.; Hunting -- Poetry.; Poems.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Vālmīki.; Śevalāla Brāhmaṇa,; Sītārāma,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts