This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Fragment from De mysteriis,; between 1075 and 1125?
- Fragment from De mysteriis, between 1075 and 1125?
- Leaf from a copy of Ambrose's De mysteriis, a collection of didactic Holy Week addresses to the newly baptized, copied in transitional script (or protogothic script) in the late 11th or early 12th century. Trimmed and used in a binding, the text on the verso side has been damaged by the use of an adhesive. The fragment has 30 lines, but the top of the leaf has been trimmed with loss of text. Initials touched with red.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : parchment; 195 x 165 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn930718960; (OCoLC)930718960; (PU)6790426-penndb-Voyager
- In Latin.
- Deposit by Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2015.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366278; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6790426
- Sacraments -- Early works to 1800.; Fragments.; Sermons.; Manuscripts, Latin; 11th century.; Manuscripts, Latin; 12th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- LJS 502
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg Collection (University of Pennsylvania)