BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Bulbul,; circa 1700-1850.
- Bulbul, circa 1700-1850.
- 16 diagrams of different birds including the bulbul (nightingale), baṭaka (duck), and the kuliṅga (forked-tailed shrike); lists of omens associated with birds are to the right of each diagram; possibly a handbook used for telling the future; folios oriented to turn from right to left and not bottom to top as in typical manuscripts.
- 1 item (8 leaves) : paper; 11 x 22 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn774415793; (OCoLC)774415793; (PU)5419611-penndb-Voyager
- In Hindi; (Devanāgarī)
- Birds -- India.; Hindu astrology.; Omens -- Religious aspects.; Diagrams.; Manuals (instructional materials); Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts