This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
Saṅghayaṇasūtra,; circa 1700-1850.
- Saṅghayaṇasūtra, circa 1700-1850.
- Manuscript on Jaina cosmology; it includes ideas about the structure of the cosmos and the mapping of cosmological space through multiple charts, graphs, and diagrams. It opens with a praise of the Arhants and includes a commentary in smaller script, running parallel to the main text. Illustrations show Mughal influence on Jaina iconography from the 18th century. Manuscript derives from the Sirohi district of Rajasthan, India.
- 1 item (57 leaves) : paper; 12 x 26 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn810069779; (OCoLC)810069779; (PU)5826050-penndb-Voyager
- In Prakrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Gift of Brian Zahn, 1999.
- Jaina cosmology.; Astronomy -- Religious aspects -- Jainism.; Sacred space -- India.; Commentaries.; Treatises.; Manuscripts, Prakrit; 18th century.; 19th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Zahn, Brian,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Indic 9
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts