BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
An Hermetical and philosophic manuduction; [manuscript].
- An Hermetical and philosophic manuduction [manuscript].
- Alchemical handbook of experiments and recipes. Instructions include transmutation of metals, making a small pearl or gemstone larger, creation of and uses for potable gold, and other elixirs, oils, and tinctures. Recipes includes medicinal applications such as flower remedies for asthma, consumption (p. 357), and dropsie (p. 358).
- Purchased with support from the B. H. Breslauer Foundation.
- 484 leaves : paper; 213 x 185 (165 x 90) mm. bound to 226 x 202 mm. + 1 note.
- (OCoLC)ocn913957225; (OCoLC)913957225; (PU)6293577-penndb-Voyager
- English, with a few pages in French.
- [England], 1797.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/6293577; https://repository.upenn.edu/uniqueatpenn/23/
- Alchemy -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine -- Formulae, receipts, prescriptions -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Magic, mystic, and spagiric -- Early works to 1800.; Occultism -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuals (instructional materials); Prescriptions.; Manuscripts, English; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Rainsford, Charles,; Northumberland, Hugh Percy,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1691