BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Brāhmaṇa.; Pañcikā 1-8,; 1762-1763.
- Brāhmaṇa. Pañcikā 1-8, 1762-1763.
- Ancient treatise and manual on śrauta sacrifice (large public ritual events); contains some of the earliest seeds of later Hindu mythology; contains the first eight sections (pañcikās). Functionally a commentary on the significance, symbolism, and meaning of the Ṛgveda.
- 1 item (305 leaves) : paper; 9 x 22 cm.
- (OCoLC)ocn954004095; (OCoLC)954004095; (PU)7065667-penndb-Voyager
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Formerly owned by Gālambhaṭṭa Kāle, son of Triṃbakabhaṭṭa and the grandson of Sadāśivabhaṭṭa Kāle (Part 4, f. 35r). Also formerly owned by Janārdana Kāle (Part 3, f. 44r).
- Hindu mythology -- Early works to 1800.; Vedic literature -- Early works to 1800.; Rites and ceremonies -- India -- Early works to 1800.; Commentaries.; Manuals (instructional materials); Treatises.; Manuscripts, Sanskrit; 18th century.; Manuscripts; India
- Personal Name:
- Kāle, Gālambhaṭṭa,; Kāle, Janārdana,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts