This beta site is currently under maintenance; collections and metadata are viewable but images and audio are temporarily unavailable.
Colenda Digital Repository
880-01 Sāvitrīvrata, circa 1700-1850.
- 880-01 Sāvitrīvrata, circa 1700-1850.
- Manual with associated rules and laws (dharma) connected to a special fast (vrata) for women who desire to avoid widowhood. Selection from a larger compendium of observances (vratas) thought to be drawn primarily from the Skanda Purāṇa, a text that the manuscript refers to (f. 29v).
- 1 item (29 leaves) : paper; 10 x 16 cm.
- In Sanskrit; (Devanāgarī)
- Widows; Vratas.; Hinduism; Rites and ceremonies; Hindu law.; Dharma.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 390
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts