BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Moeurs et coutumes des gentils à la Côte Coromandel; [manuscript].
- Moeurs et coutumes des gentils à la Côte Coromandel [manuscript].
- A description of the customs of the people of the Coromandel Coast in southeastern India. Chapters are devoted to civil administration, occupations and customs, and civil ceremonies. A larger section at the end focuses on the religion of the area and is subdivided into chapters on the creation of the world and the institution of religion, doctrine of new Vedams (including discussion of Brahma, Vishnu, and Shiva, and caste), and religious ceremonies (including discussion of sacrifice).
- Coromandel Coast (India); Carnatic (India); Tamil Nadu (India); India
- 18th century.
- 54 leaves : paper; 379 x 225 (328 x 192) mm. bound to 395 x 247 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155927522; (OCoLC)155927522; (CStRLIN)PAUR05-B10043; (PU)3778239-penndb-Voyager
- Purchased, 1960.
- [France?, between 1775 and 1799?]
- Caste -- India -- Early works to 1800.; Hinduism -- India -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Manuscripts, French; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Call Number:
- Oversize Ms. Codex 1010
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts