BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
A breif information of ye affaires of ye Palatinate ... [etc.]; [manuscript].
- A breif information of ye affaires of ye Palatinate ... [etc.] [manuscript].
- A bound collection of three 17th-century English protestant polemical and religious works, with a fourth religious work added in the 18th century. The first work is Nathaniel Bacon's Fearefull estate of Francis Spira, first published in 1638; the second is Happiness reveal'd, a religious tract first published in 1752 and written on the blank pages between the first and third works and continuing on the margins of the third and fourth works; the third is an untitled treatise on Song of Solomon 5.6-7 in a 17th-century hand; and the fourth, which comprises nearly half the volume, is A briefe information of the affaires of the Palatinate, published in 1624 and attributed to Thomas Scott after appearing in his collected works published later that year.
- Palatinate (Germany)
- Frederick V, 1610-1623.
- 110 leaves : paper; 199 x 153 (135 x 112) mm. bound to 205 x 162 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn166481132; (OCoLC)166481132; (CStRLIN)PAUR07-B138; (PU)4170141-penndb-Voyager
- Formerly owned by Joseph Hunton, Maye the 3 1634 (note, f. 1r).; Sold by Christopher Edwards (Berkshire, England), 2007.
- [England, ca. 1634-1799]
- Anti-Catholicism -- England.; Thirty Years' War, 1618-1648 -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Polemics.; Tracts (documents); Manuscripts, English; 17th century.; 18th century.; Manuscripts, European.
- Personal Name:
- Spira, Francesco,; Bacon, Nathaniel,; Hunton, Joseph,
- Call Number:
- Ms. Codex 1064
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts