BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
[Questions on Aristotle's Physics]; [manuscript].
- [Questions on Aristotle's Physics] [manuscript].
- Commentary on Aristotle's Physics in the form of questions and answers following the content of the 8 books of the Physics. Each question begins with a U/V standing for the Latin word utrum (whether). Finding tabs, possibly of parchment, correspond to the book divisions of the Physics (f. 87, 115, 150, 176, 195; one tab torn out, f. 206). Numerous marginal notes. A leaf of text after the material on the Physics with the repeated heading Propleuma and paragraphs beginning with the Latin word dubitatur (it is questioned) may concern the Problemata attributed to Aristotle (f. 230r). Among the notes on the wood of the inside upper cover are a list of names and a list of works attributed to Aristotle; more notes are inside the lower cover. The front flyleaf is covered with notes in multiple hands (recto) and mnemonic verses about the contents of the Physics (verso).
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 239 leaves : paper; 209 x 156 (145-160 x 85-100) mm. bound to 220 x 168 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn845372286; (OCoLC)845372286; (PU)5958086-penndb-Voyager
- Former ownership marks: small elongated octagonal stamp with star above waves above a circle, motto in border Habent sua fata libelli, with other text crossed out (inside upper cover); printed description from German catalog with date 16 February 1920 added by hand (inside upper cover).; Formerly owned by Erik Wirén (Stocksund, Sweden; bookplate inside upper cover with initials D.G.V.B.), no. 3538; exhibited with other Wirén manuscripts at the Röhsska Konstlöjdmuseet (Göteborg, Sweden; cat. 19), 1954.; Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, July 2006.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2013.
- [Ingolstadt, circa 1480]
- Physics -- Early works to 1800.; Physical sciences -- Early works to 1800.; Codices.; Commentaries.; Finding tabs.; Manuscripts, Latin; 15th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Aristotle; Aristotle.
- Call Number:
- LJS 483
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts