BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Psalter bifolium,; between 1200 and 1225.
- Psalter bifolium, between 1200 and 1225.
- Bifolium containing the continuous text of Psalms 44.5-47.15. Originally part of a psalter probably written and decorated in the diocese of Seville, in southern Spain, in the early 13th century, based on the saints in the calendar and litany of that psalter. Each leaf written in black ink in 22 long lines, ruled in plummet, with rubrication in red. 2-line initials in gold and purple at the beginning of each psalm, gold capitals in black outline set out in the margins at the begnning of each verse, those on the first page with further decoration in green.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 1 item (1 leaf) : parchment; 157 x 193 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn155932878; (OCoLC)155932878; (CStRLIN)PAUR07-B132; (PU)4149812-penndb-Voyager
- In Latin.
- Sold at auction as part of an imperfect psalter at Sotheby's, 12 December 1967, lot 37; psalter leaves dispersed by Folio Fine Art.; Sold by Bernard Quaritch (London), cat. 1348 (2007), no. 15.
- http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017.12/366278; http://hdl.library.upenn.edu/1017/d/medren/4149812
- Fragments.; Psalters.; Manuscripts, Latin; 13th century.; Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Call Number:
- Ms. Coll. 591 Folder 17
- Manuscript Fragment Collection.