BetaThis service is in beta.
Colenda Digital Repository
Kitāb-i ḥashāʼish; [manuscript].
- Kitāb-i ḥashāʼish [manuscript].
- Illustrated herbal with detailed descriptions in multiple languages (but all written in the Persian nastaʻlīq script) of the physical appearance and the medicinal effect of many plants, as well as some trees, minerals, and substances derived from animals. The manuscript is not complete: it comprises text and illustrations from parts of Chapter 1, substantial parts of Chapters 2-4, and parts of Chapter 5. Many leaves have extensive repairs at the edges or corners. The manuscript seems never to have been bound.
- Lawrence J. Schoenberg & Barbara Brizdle Manuscript Initiative.
- 172 leaves : paper, col. ill.; 400 x 260 mm.
- (OCoLC)ocn792739298; (OCoLC)792739298; (PU)4918323-penndb-Voyager
- Sold by Sam Fogg Ltd. (London) to Lawrence J. Schoenberg, November 1998.; Deposit by Lawrence J. Schoenberg and Barbara Brizdle, 2011.; Gift of Barbara Brizdle Schoenberg, 2016.
- [Deccan, India], A.H. 1004 (1595)
- Materia medica -- Early works to 1800.; Botany, Medical -- Early works to 1800.; Botany -- Pictorial works -- Early works to 1800.; Medicine, Greek and Roman.; Codices.; Herbals.; Watercolors (paintings); Manuscripts, Persian; 16th century.; Manuscripts, Renaissance.
- Personal Name:
- Schoenberg, Lawrence J.,
- Call Number:
- Oversize LJS 278
- Penn in Hand: Selected Manuscripts